• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Renewal/New Contract Negotiating Rate for Shorter Term Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible things rolling months
    With you 100% on that I hate them, I've had a few and like you said you don't really know properly where you are. I like to have a set end date that way I know and can plan properly when I need to start looking for further work and also I know exactly how long I have to put up with them for and gives me a date to keep focusing on to keep me sane at times!

I got told on my rolling contracts that they don't really renew they just carry on until they say they don't want me anymore or I leave and give notice so I would get to the end of the month/week and not really be 100% comfortable in knowing whether I was definately staying or going. This is all made a lot harder if the job is ok aswell and when you get to the end of a say the month on a month rolling one you know you should be looking for something else but you are kind of distracted by holding out hoping that they will not say anything and it carrys on but then at the very last minute they could say no thanks.

Unless it was an good sounding job I will try and avoid them if possible.

Comment

Working...
    X