• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supplier requests payment for goods not received 10 months later

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplier requests payment for goods not received 10 months later

Last year in October I ordered a desktop PC and monitor screen from an online supplier, of which the PC was in stock but the screen wasn't. This was paid for by my personal credit card but invoiced to my company for expenses. The PC arrived shortly but the screen was still awaiting availability. I then managed to find the screen available from another supplier, therefore I cancelled my order with the original supplier. A few days later, the screen arrived from the original supplier of which I had cancelled. I phoned them and informed them I had cancelled the order for the screen and they had it picked up by courier of which I thought nothing more of it.

Today I received a recorded mail letter from the supplier stating that they made an error in their payment system and had realised that they had dispatched the screen but not requested payment from my credit card and are now looking for payment of the screen at £550. The letter stated that they had originally 'authorised' payment for the screen but had not 'requested' it and included the dispatch note.

I phoned them and explained of the situation and the guy at the other end of the phone said he will check it up and speak to his manager about it and get back to me but didnt sound too convince.

I would ask for advise in more 'consumer' type forums but as this was a business to business transaction, I thought it would be more appropriate to ask a business type forum. If they come back and claim that I'm due them payment, how should I go about this?

You of course kept the reference details of the courier who came to collect the screen didn't you....

Just ignore it. If they charge you issue a charge back notice on the credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      You of course kept the reference details of the courier who came to collect the screen didn't you....

Just ignore it. If they charge you issue a charge back notice on the credit card.
      what he said!
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
      X