• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long is a long time to be on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louie View Post
    If you learn to trade for yourself, you can return from 3-8% a month on your money. If you compound that for a few years then you will be laughing. The difficulty is learning to trade, takes years and there are many dead ends.
    The closest I get to trading is managing the funds in my SIPP, dropping in and out in lows and highs.

Next step is doing this with funds/shares that are not held in my SIPP.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      The closest I get to trading is managing the funds in my SIPP, dropping in and out in lows and highs.

Next step is doing this with funds/shares that are not held in my SIPP.
      SIPP costs to trade are quote high, Interactive Brokers are good for trading or even Spread Betting as its tax free.

Comment

SIPP costs to trade are quote high, Interactive Brokers are good for trading or even Spread Betting as its tax free.
        buying and selling in my SIPP account is built into the price I think so hard to tell how much it costs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          buying and selling in my SIPP account is built into the price I think so hard to tell how much it costs.
          So you could make 10 trades a day and it would cost the same as 10 a month?

Comment

So you could make 10 trades a day and it would cost the same as 10 a month?
            no, it's built into the price of the fund which could be quite different depending on when you do it.

Comment

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a!

Fingers crossed!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X