• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three phone contract - personal to business transfer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    Self assessment and if you're squeaky clean elsewhere, put it through.
    Got to agree with NLUK though - HMRCs rules seem pretty clear cut on this one.

Surely by doing this you're just saying, stick it in, the wont notice. Thats sort of like adding £100 to your expenses and just assuming HMRC will never check. Not cool if you ask me.

Back to the phones. What does everyone else do? So far I've not found one decent business deal where its worth the 20% saving on CT.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Got to agree with NLUK though - HMRCs rules seem pretty clear cut on this one.

Surely by doing this you're just saying, stick it in, the wont notice. Thats sort of like adding £100 to your expenses and just assuming HMRC will never check. Not cool if you ask me.

Back to the phones. What does everyone else do? So far I've not found one decent business deal where its worth the 20% saving on CT.
      +1 for me. If you want a discussion on how much you can fraudlently claim for and get away with we could start a thread on it. If you want to know how much you can and can't claim for mobiles then we are on topic.

Of course people are not squeeky clean but that is up to the OP. I don't think we should be advising doing it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        How is that "FREE"?

Would you be happy to pay £26 month if it didn't include the phone?
        Well yes, as the nearest equivalent with Vodafone was 35 quid.

Comment

Given up on my quest to find a decent business deal.

£26/month for 300 mins, 750mb data, unlimited text on t-mobile through mobiles.co.uk
          BUT is personal only not business.

Best business tariff is £36 a month, so even with 20% CT saved (i.e. £7.20) still not worth it.

Might as well just pay out for a personal tariff....

Comment

I also have VoIP at home with caller ID to look like my mobile
            How do you do this ?

Boo

Comment

£26/month for 300 mins, 750mb data, unlimited text on t-mobile through mobiles.co.uk

Best business tariff is £36 a month, so even with 20% CT saved (i.e. £7.20) still not worth it.

Might as well, what do you invoice a month £7000, £9000? And you are worried about 20% of a mobile phone bill. Peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                How do you do this ?
                Ask the VoIP provider to set it up for you (with proof that you own the number, obviously).

A better CUK thread for this is here.

Comment

Skype does this, can't remember exactly how but it was pretty easy. They send a confirmation text to your phone and then they set it up.

I guess most others do too, spoofing caller ID appears to be pretty trivial.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Forget all this nonsense about getting a "free" phone.

Just buy the phone outright as a business expense then get a SIM only business contract from T-Mobile. 500 minutes, 250 texts, 500 Meg of internets for £7.78+VAT on a 12 month contract or £11.66+VAT on a 30 day contract. Same price for business or personal.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                      Forget all this nonsense about getting a "free" phone.

Just buy the phone outright as a business expense then get a SIM only business contract from T-Mobile. 500 minutes, 250 texts, 500 Meg of internets for £7.78+VAT on a 12 month contract or £11.66+VAT on a 30 day contract. Same price for business or personal.
                      Good point. Didnt think of that option.

BUT, just worked it out. Phone costs £440. Even with the cheaper tariff to be honest it works out just about the same as paying £26/month and getting phone for free.
                      Last edited by psychocandy; 13 August 2012, 08:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X