• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to stay if contract away from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sander Koop View Post
    I have a business account with Travelodge; 99% of cities in the UK have one, so no problem finding them. Advance booking means you can get the rooms for peanuts (£19/night), so after the first few weeks of paying full whack, like you state, the cost becomes quite bearable
    Do Travelodge give better rates for business customers? I've been at a TL for a while but just pay from my personal money (as a business expense). Just wondering if it's worth opening a business account.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Legal minimum rent period is 6 months so if your contract gets canned early, unless you have an understanding landlord, you still have to pay the lease.
      Really? I always thought that was landlords just trying to secure their income and make sure they got longer term tennants
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

What about using a service like airbnb.com for short term rentals?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Really? I always thought that was landlords just trying to secure their income and make sure they got longer term tennants
          I've had loads of rentals for less than six months. Not sure if there is any kind of legal minimum for six months, but it would seem unlikely to me.

When I'm renting for work, I usually search for someone who will give an all inclusive deal. Having to transfer utilities and council tax etc into your name (and then get them to stop billing you at the end) is something I've always found to be a complete pain in the cock. Ususlly find people will come round to it with a bit of persuasion
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
          X