• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS / LORIEN Recruitment Project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torran View Post
    BS, move on mate, its gone.

Exclusive or not if they haven't responded since May then its time to look for something else...
    This^

Harsh, but true.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      This^

Harsh, but true.
      I don't know. My role at this place dragged on and on. I had the tech test 3 weeks before the end of my contract at JP Morgan. They arranged a face to face 2 weeks later and cancelled as I was walking into the building. They arranged another face to face on my last day at JPM and cancelled that also when I was outside their building. fas forward 3 weeks and I iventaully got to see them and agreed a contract. the original duration had gone up from 6 weeks to 6 months and my rate was increased by 125 a day. another 2 weeks went by before I could start. All told a good couple of months of faffing about!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        I don't know. My role at this place dragged on and on. I had the tech test 3 weeks before the end of my contract at JP Morgan. They arranged a face to face 2 weeks later and cancelled as I was walking into the building. They arranged another face to face on my last day at JPM and cancelled that also when I was outside their building. fas forward 3 weeks and I iventaully got to see them and agreed a contract. the original duration had gone up from 6 weeks to 6 months and my rate was increased by 125 a day. another 2 weeks went by before I could start. All told a good couple of months of faffing about!
        And *that's* why banks pay a premium when they want to hire a contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Earlier you claimed (to SimonMacs post) you didn't know of any possible reason why your role might be delayed/on hold/whatever. That is why I wondered if you were a troll.
          Fair enough. I really have no evidence to back up my hunches so I thought best not to spout nonsense here, Do RBS & Lorien secret agents frequent this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Sorry I lost the plot for a moment, Who kept canceling your meetings, was that RBS or another Bank?

Lorien tried to accommodate my diary with their timeline but only because they hoped or expected contractors to visit London for a brief technical test & again later for a competency test at very short notice. It would have been better to have combined these on the same date to halve my travel days and expenses.

Comment

Working...
            X