• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody done any contract work at the BBC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody done any contract work at the BBC?

Hello,

I might be going for any interview at the BBC, as I applied for a 6 month contract role directly with them and not through an agent.

what are they like to work for?

Also whats the pay like? If I go for an interview, and they ask me about rates? How should I handle this!?

Your thoughts appreciated.

thanks,

Originally posted by jordi
    Also whats the pay like? If I go for an interview, and they ask me about rates? How should I handle this!?
    That is easy enough. What do you think you are worth? Can you justify that rate? Ask for that amount. If they want to knock you down then you have a decision to make. Take it or walk.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Hello,

I might be going for any interview at the BBC, as I applied for a 6 month contract role directly with them and not through an agent.

thanks,
      my flatmate works for them on a contract basis. I don't know much about it but from what I gather there are a LOT of office politics to deal with.
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Pay is usually good, but as Janey said alot of office politics.

Beware the permie!!

Comment

Originally posted by janey
          my flatmate works for them on a contract basis. I don't know much about it but from what I gather there are a LOT of office politics to deal with.
          Well if your flatmate won't tell you, who will!

Comment

My ex worked at the BBC, if you get a job there just remeber you must dress like a student, its in the contract !

Comment

Hello,

thanks,
              I should say there is a reasonable chance they might accidentally interview you live on News 24 after mistaking you for someone else.

In all seriousness, I know a couple of people who have worked there - lots of politics ad people trying to protect their own jobs. I think it was Kelvin McKenzie who once said something like the only thing the BBC is good for is 'keeping 25,000 lefties in employment'

Comment

That bigg toothed minger Ester Rantzen told my little borther to pi55 off when he worked there because he was talking on his mobile outside her office.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                  That bigg toothed minger Ester Rantzen told my little borther to pi55 off when he worked there because he was talking on his mobile outside her office.
                  Quite right too IMO. I hate people shouting into their mobiles when I'm trying to work.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The most important thing to remember when going for an interview at the BBC is to study recent court cases.

The other important thing is to be prepared to shout at random times how much you hate Bush, America, anything related to america, anything related to Bush, America and Blair.

Keep those two in mind and you will get the job without any problems

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X