• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unilever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unilever

Does anyone know the agency that will be involved in recruitment for contractors for the proposed £40 M expansion at Unilver Wirral

Is this for hod-carriers or brickys?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bill L View Post
      Does anyone know the agency that will be involved in recruitment for contractors for the proposed £40 M expansion at Unilver Wirral
      relocating some 400 high capability roles from Unilever's north Wales IT site in Ewloe. Other jobs will be moved to the company’s IT centre in Bangalore, India.

Do you mean this bit of the expansion or the pouring concrete part?

Comment

Unilever

I am talking about the £40 Million expansion project they are talking about in the media and wether Unilever will use agencies to recruit technical and engineering resources

Comment

Very little scope for IT contractors with this expansion, unless your involved with the Engineering Control & Instrumentation side of things. All the money is for new buildings, civil works and engineering plant.
          Don't know if it helps, but it is likely that the main engineering contractor will be Jacobs Engineering over in Manchester, and the main C&I contractor would possibly be Emerson Controls.
          I don't think Unilever will recruit anyone directly, more likely use an in-house team just to oversee the project.
          Bill whats your background?
          Last edited by Clanky; 21 June 2012, 15:01.

Comment

unilever

Great answer thanks, I am civil, construction and project management and have worked for Jacobs before, so may get in touch and see if any options for me, live on the wirral and currently contracting in Essex so hoping for a role nearer home.

Comment

Working...
            X