• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked through Experis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total idiots. Contracts are totally lop-sided with penalties and damages and all that malarky. Consultants don't know the roles properly, they shave loads on margin and their time sheeting system is totally unhelpful. Their communication is poor and for roles for big blue they drag stuff out for ages whilst they look for SC cleared people even though they interview non-SC people first just to fish around. Total time wasters.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
      Total idiots. Contracts are totally lop-sided with penalties and damages and all that malarky. Consultants don't know the roles properly, they shave loads on margin and their time sheeting system is totally unhelpful. Their communication is poor and for roles for big blue they drag stuff out for ages whilst they look for SC cleared people even though they interview non-SC people first just to fish around. Total time wasters.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again.
      Their terms and conditions seem very strange. Before being put forward for a possible role, one of their agents said you had to accept the following condition and confirm it in writing - that they (the agent) could give the contractor a specific notice period but the contractor had to give them 3 times as much notice. They claimed that this was a condition made by their end client....
      Question that one and total silence on their part...
      If that's how they go on before contracts are put into writing if you did go and accept an offer via them, then I wonder if they are capable of producing contract terms and conditions which would fall outside of IR35?

Comment

I didn't have the above issues so it probably does depend on the end client, what the role is and how hard to find. Their front end admin people can be fairly useless and annoying to deal with but the contract itself was fairly well written and they paid very quickly. Seem like a typical big agency all in all.

Comment

Notice with Experis

This is the first time I'm using Experis and they have sent through a contract with the following clause:

The Company acknowledges and agrees that it shall not have the right to terminate this Agreement for any reason prior to the end date of this Agreement other than for a material breach of this Agreement by Experis which cannot be remedied within 21 days of receipt of written notice from the Company to Experis.

Has anyone else had that in a contract before? I never have and am concerned about signing this contract now.

Comment

Originally posted by summerS View Post
            This is the first time I'm using Experis and they have sent through a contract with the following clause:

The Company acknowledges and agrees that it shall not have the right to terminate this Agreement for any reason prior to the end date of this Agreement other than for a material breach of this Agreement by Experis which cannot be remedied within 21 days of receipt of written notice from the Company to Experis.

Has anyone else had that in a contract before? I never have and am concerned about signing this contract now.
            What does the contract say about Experis terminating the contract if there is no work for you to perform?

And why aren't you getting the contract reviewed by a professional team like QDOS or Bauer & Cottrell?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm currently working though Experis. The only issue I had was with the contract; they automatically sent an opt-out contract, with no discussion whatsoever about opting in or out, and then acted astonished when I asked for the opt-in version (apparently I was the first person to ever ask for it, if you can believe that).

Otherwise they pay reliably and on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post
                I'm currently working though Experis. The only issue I had was with the contract; they automatically sent an opt-out contract, with no discussion whatsoever about opting in or out, and then acted astonished when I asked for the opt-in version (apparently I was the first person to ever ask for it, if you can believe that).

Otherwise they pay reliably and on time.

/sarcasm

Because no-one EVER declines to opt out......there are no business benefits at all

/sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by summerS View Post

You don't have to agree to it.

Comment

I'm using Experis. They seem slightly chaotic but otherwise mostly harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
                      Their terms and conditions seem very strange. Before being put forward for a possible role, one of their agents said you had to accept the following condition and confirm it in writing - that they (the agent) could give the contractor a specific notice period but the contractor had to give them 3 times as much notice. They claimed that this was a condition made by their end client....
                      Question that one and total silence on their part...
                      If that's how they go on before contracts are put into writing if you did go and accept an offer via them, then I wonder if they are capable of producing contract terms and conditions which would fall outside of IR35?
                      Interesting. I interviewed for a role recently via them (didnt get it). They sent me a contract up front - no notice period, minimum 8 hrs day and then said no negotiation on contract because of the end client.

Must admit wondering now whether its them all along....
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X