• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant..again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant..again

I need some advice. I ditched Giant at the beginning of April as they are a bunch of useless cretins. Since then I have repeatedly called requesting my P45 to be sent on to me. Three weeks ago they assured me it would be sent shortly once they had issued a final payroll. The final payroll went through over two weeks ago and still no P45.
    Called them yesterday for an update no one could speak to me. Giant assured me someone would call me back. No call back.
    Called today and asked to speak to my CSM. Twice I was put through and twice someone just picked up the phone and hung up on me!
    Called again and was told by the cretin on the phone he would put me through to a team leader. Put on hold for two minutes. The same cretin then just says 'sorry we can't speak to you' and hung up.
    I could understand Giant not speaking to me if I had been abusive but I haven't. All I want is my feckin P45. I was thinking of paying their offices a visit as I'm not working far from them but I think I would probably just get arrested. I'm thinking of getting in touch with the IR to see what they can do. Any advice?

P45

If you ditched them last financial year (i.e. before 6th April) you do not need your P45. If your new employer is asking for it then just give them your tax coding from the IR for this year or fill in a P46. Giant should send you a P60 which details your earnings for last year.

If you ditched them this financial year ignore the above and start threatening legal action and go straight to the guy at the top (see another thread re: Giant on this forum for his name and contact details). Alternatively go the P46 route although this does take a while to get your correct tax coding.

Comment

Just to redress the balance here...

I've never had a problem with Giant. They've been first-class!
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 May 2006, 13:28. Reason: no need for personal abuse guys.

Comment

I've only been with them for the last 4 months - but cannot say I have had any issues with them. Pay correctly and on time, but will go limited within the next couple of months (as I know I will be sticking with contracting).

Comment

And to redress back to how lame Giant are:

I think they may be the worst company/institution/organisation I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I had a Ltd through them when I was wet behind the ears. Horrible, horrible experience. I don't remember speaking with a qualified 'real' accountant. It would spoil my day to recount every incident. But try this one: I moved from Islington to Swiss Cottage and wrote change of address letters AND emails to everyone relevant including Giant. At the new flat Giant were sending me marketing bumpf so of course I never thought anything was amiss. Then I was getting nasty fines from Customs and Excise (if recall correctly) as I hadn't made returns or something, this was several years ago.
          Turns out Giant had been sending all that stuff to my old address. I called up and after the on-hold, pass the buck, hang up routine was finally told 'Ahh... you only must have told our marketing department of the address change. That's why their database has the new address. You should have written to the accounts dept. and others as well.' WTF ??? Don't they speak with each other ?
          Muppets.

Comment

Working...
          X