• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Negotiating payment for additional hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecc83 View Post
    Have opened discussions with client, along the lines of "an additional days worth of services needs to result in an additional billed day". Their response is "extra hours during the week are included in daily rate, but weekends are billable."

The case continues...
    Thats the problem with daily rate....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Thats the problem with daily rate....
      I wouldn't sign a contract that doesn't stipulate a PWD and max expected weekly hours for this very reason.

This comes up a few times and I use the example of billing 31 days in June last year!

TOIL is tricky as you may have plenty of time off to take when they bin your contract but they wont sign your timesheet. So unless you're on very good terms with the client bill, or at the very least don't build up a big reserve of time due.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by ecc83 View Post
        Have opened discussions with client, along the lines of "an additional days worth of services needs to result in an additional billed day". Their response is "extra hours during the week are included in daily rate, but weekends are billable."

The case continues...
        "extra hours" - if they agree it is "extra" then it is above what was expected - therefore they can't have it for nothing. I would say to them that "extra" every now and then (once or twice a month) might be given free out of good will, but regular "extra" expectations require "extra" payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          "If I provide services to Client Co and don't claim the hours from the client, I am responsible to give the Agent the money they would have earnt, had I have claimed it!!!"
          Ha, ask them how much they are making out of the contract so you can quantify how much they are talking about. I betcha they won't want to tell you how much their cut is.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I asked the agent for my upcoming role what the hours were and he said "9 to 5, but because contractors are paid more, you will have to work longer hours occasionally.". What???

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
              I asked the agent for my upcoming role what the hours were and he said "9 to 5, but because contractors are paid more, you will have to work longer hours occasionally.". What???
              What he means is that you are getting paid a tulipload of money and they don't want someone clock watcher moaning about the occasional extra few hours.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                What he means is that you are getting paid a tulipload of money and they don't want someone clock watcher moaning about the occasional extra few hours.
                I thought we were supposed to leave at 5/6 on the dot, and to charge for any extra hours like a proper business?

Comment

Working...
                X