• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sponsorship website assistance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsorship website assistance

I am doing an iron man event in August and after alot of deliberation I have deecided to seek sponsorship. The cause I have chosen is a local one - it is improvements to the Eltham Christ Church Community Centre which is used for alot of local community projects as well as the Church.

It is a very new project. The church does have a justgiving web page but it is just for upkeep of the existing priory buildings which IMO is not appropriate. To setup something foir just giving you need either a charity number or a gift aid scheme - neither of which the church has for this project. Basically they only have a project name and a bank account.

I have done some web searching but I cannot find a website that will let me raise money for a specific project. Can anyone assist please?

Also, please note that I have deliberately put this thread in Business/Contracts as I dont want any stupid troll comments thanks.

Brillo, sorry, Mr. Pad, a friend of mine uses this site. My brother has also used it in the past. AFAIK, you can use it for specific causes:
    Online fundraising donations and ideas - JustGiving

It allows for tax relief to be added to donations too.

EDIT: sorry I should have read your post properly, I see you've looked at JustGiving

EDIT2: could you cobble up a web page yourself and add a PayPal "donate" button? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Platypus; 10 April 2012, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am doing an iron man event in August and after alot of deliberation I have deecided to seek sponsorship. The cause I have chosen is a local one - it is improvements to the Eltham Christ Church Community Centre which is used for alot of local community projects as well as the Church.

It is a very new project. The church does have a justgiving web page but it is just for upkeep of the existing priory buildings which IMO is not appropriate. To setup something foir just giving you need either a charity number or a gift aid scheme - neither of which the church has for this project. Basically they only have a project name and a bank account.

I have done some web searching but I cannot find a website that will let me raise money for a specific project. Can anyone assist please?

Also, please note that I have deliberately put this thread in Business/Contracts as I dont want any stupid troll comments thanks.
      Why don't they have a charity number? Can't it come under the remit of the existing charity? Most people like to donate knowing their donation will be gift aided, which can only happen if they give to a charity.

Comment

Working...
      X