• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment screening for Australian applicants of uk descent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isf8hat View Post
    are you serious? i think I've got bank statements for the last year if I'm lucky. I take it that search/check for you was for a banking/finance role? Would it be worth my while compiling job references here before i come over to demonstrate my work history here? I've been through similar checks working for banks in Aus where they've done a 10 year work history check through a company called First Advantage who are a bunch of muppets which was a total nightmare and took 4 months end to end. i eventually gave up and took another contract with another bank which only had me sign a statutuory delcaration stating that i had no criminal record. the check was performed after i had taken the role.
    Unfortunately he is serious.

The checks have become much more stringent in banking/finance in the UK.

As someone from "overseas", you will need a shed-load of paperwork to prove exactly what you've been doing for the last 10 years. And any gaps will set of alarm bells, so be ready for that.

I've been through 2 checks in the last 2 years, and they've both been a pain-in-the-ass - and I'm born-n-bred in the UK and have never lived or worked anywhere else.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
    X