• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ev0luti0n

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I often wonder of we overblow this too much on CUK.

Unless they mention you by name, will your reference even realise that this is how the agent came to call them?

Have any of you ever had one of your references contact you and complain that you'd sent agents theire way?
    Yes 2, and they both refused to act as references again due to the persistance of the "Agent" in quizing them on how their staffing level was and trying to talk them into having a meeting etc etc.

My Linkedin now also says in capitol letters that I do not and will not link to headhunters, agents or agencies.

Bluddy parasites some of them, only ever found one I trust and he's the only one on my Linkedin.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Bluddy parasites some of them, only ever found one I trust and he's the only one on my Linkedin.
      Blimey trusting an agent, I can't imagine doing that ever. Unless the one of facebook is pushing up daisies
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Is he dead ?
        Alive and kicking.

He sends me the occasional gem that I may pass on to one of my contacts that may be interested in a position or gig.

Never phones just emails about once a month and sometimes not for several months. He has found my last 2 positions for me and sold me to the client but on favorable terms for me.

Can't ask for more than that

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Alive and kicking.

He sends me the occasional gem that I may pass on to one of my contacts that may be interested in a position or gig.

Never phones just emails about once a month and sometimes not for several months. He has found my last 2 positions for me and sold me to the client but on favorable terms for me.

Can't ask for more than that
          Better than my current agent then

I got called in at client site after the Manager had been called twice that morning trying to find out when my contract was going to end. They'd already called me twice asking the same thing...

I'm in the weird position of having another gig lined up where the end client is happy to wait but the dodgy agent is causing problems seemingly trying to get me benched so he can get me into the next gig

As I'm leading a migration project, I'm not going to ditch them early just to please a greedy agent
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Better than my current agent then

I got called in at client site after the Manager had been called twice that morning trying to find out when my contract was going to end. They'd already called me twice asking the same thing...

I'm in the weird position of having another gig lined up where the end client is happy to wait but the dodgy agent is causing problems seemingly trying to get me benched so he can get me into the next gig

As I'm leading a migration project, I'm not going to ditch them early just to please a greedy agent
            I've used the same agent for 5 years and he found placements for a couple of ex-colleagues of mine that showed interest in gigs he'd passed on to me.
            I still don't give him their contact details but as he's on my linkeding and so are they, I suppose he could contact them anyway, but waits for them to contact him. I haven;t heard from him for a while and have just checked my linkedin. Hes not a headhunter anymore. he recently took a project management position

Comment

I've spent 15 years in the industry, and my observation is that if an agent asks you upfront for references before telling you the interview time and place and the client, then there is no role.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
              X