• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used EA Dynamics for TOGAF training?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used EA Dynamics for TOGAF training?

Seem to be the only company doing scheduled weekend TOGAF courses in the UK. And I don't do time off for holidays let alone training.......

Cheers

Originally posted by northernladuk
    Looks like you are screwed then.
    Err, why? They do what I want, just looking for some feedback on them.

I know it's terribly disappointing: you get all excited about a new thread and then it turns out you can't just reply with "Why don't you try using Search?" or "AYSYACOTBAC?". Chin up.

Comment

Never heard of EA Dynamics.
      I'm looking to book the TOGAF part 1 and 2 course for late August.
      I know that Architecting the Enterprise - TOGAF® Certification and Professional Services (I am not affiliated and have never used them so can't comment on how good they are) do e-learning/distance learning so they might be appropriate for you.

To be honest though EA is as much about the contacts you make as the course itself so you'd be best off getting youself to a course in London to try and get some business contacts.
      I live in Hull and many people do courses in Leeds but I'll be doing the course in London for that reason.
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        To be honest though EA is as much about the contacts you make as the course itself so you'd be best off getting youself to a course in London to try and get some business contacts.
        Yes, I did wonder about that; anyone else doing the weekend is likely to be a contractor and therefore unlikely to be in a position to hire* me in the future. But 4 x day rate lost is a high price to pay on the offchance. I know, I know, bigger picture, AYSYACOTBAC, etc

*Contract my LTD for the provision of specific project oriented services by unspecified but suitably qualified resources

Comment

I'm looking into more formalised systems such as TOGAF too, we could start a study group on CUK and use Google Hangout etc...

Comment

Sorry if this is waking up an older thread, but I have used EA Dynamics for my TOGAF training on the weekend course, so I think I can add something of value here. I'm not related to the company in any way, just a happy customer.

I'm in a similar boat to the OP, time off doesn't happen for holidays when there's a chance to be billing never mind for training

I was finding that a lot of the roles I wanted to go for had a TOGAF/ZACHMAN bullet point - not out and out required, but listed as a favourable - and I very much think that anything which gives you an extra tick in the box to get you to the face to face interview is worth having over the other guy.

The course runs over 2 weekends - assuming you want to go for the Certified rather than Foundation (which you do, because, well, what's the point otherwise?).

When I was there, it was 2/3 split - 2 contractors against 3 permies, but the permies were from biiiig companies. Everyone on the course was an architect already, either Solution architects looking to move up, or existing EA level looking to get more formal.

The course was presented really well - it's a small company, and my course was presented by Heather the owner (who has a solid contracting background with a lot of top notch clients herself).

There was just the right balance of getting to know the material for the exam, and examples of how to use the ADM to make you better at what you do, backed up with the usual sorts of anecdotes you would expect from a trainer who has "walked the walk" as a contractor/architect as well.

I kept in touch with three of the guys on my course - we have all passed with flying colours... and to certain extent as this is a small company with more concern for their reputation than one of the big dogs, I think you get a more personal experience than QA or Learning Tree.

essentially, if you want the TOGAF certification at the weekends without it eating into billable hours, EA Dynamics are a great option. highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
            X