• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walshy View Post
    Well inevitably, I work in banking. .Net, C#, SQL Server skills.
    Why is it inevitable, can't a C# developer not work in banking.

Comment

In my world (C#, WPF, Banking) the market is pretty much dead and anything that gets advertised is raped by hundreds of applicants. I can't believe it will continue this way. Surely the new financial year must bring some opportunities. It better had!

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
        In my world (C#, WPF, Banking) the market is pretty much dead and anything that gets advertised is raped by hundreds of applicants. I can't believe it will continue this way. Surely the new financial year must bring some opportunities. It better had!
        Try widening your net a little. Go outside of pure Banking, try for instance Visa Europe, or Insurance or such.

One thing everyone should remember The Olympics, most organisations have a freeze during that time, and with the security status in London in the run up to the Olympics, many organisations are ready to freeze before that in case of an incident.

Comment

Working...
        X