• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract renewal through another agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract renewal through another agency

Hi,

My current contract was for three months. It is up for renewal in a week. I currently contract for Agency A with has a contract with Agency B which is a Consultancy and it places me with the end client.I would like to bypass Agency A and contract directly with B or the end client. My contract with Agency A says

"The consultancy shall not for the period of six months following termination of the assignment supply its services directly, or through any other person, firm or company, to any client for whom it has carried out the Assignment at any time during the previous six months( save in the case of supply through an employment business or recruitment consultancy with whom the consultancy was also registered at the date of commencement of the asssignment)."

Does this mean that I :

- cannot work for Agency B directly or through another agency
    - go to the end client through some other agency(not A or B)

Could anyone please clarify or point me towards some info on this .
    Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks.

Firstly have you opted out? If you have (you fool) you are f*cked.

Secondly in your contract is there a clause that allows for the agency to be managed out of the relationship? If so then you are stuck with them for what ever the length of time is in the contract.

Thirdly, if you are opted in and there is no clause saying the agent can be managed out of the relationship then you are free to jump ship.

Remember, as another of our esteemed members say, this advice is worth about as much as you paid for it

Regards

Mailman

Comment

It means:

- cannot work for the Client, directly or through another agency (including Agency B), you can (of course) work through Agency B at another client.

Whether it is enforcable or not is another matter.

tim

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to get at there Tim but if you have opted in then you can work either directly for the client OR work for another agency at the clients without fear of "reprisals".

If course if the agents are worth their weight in salt they would have included a clause that allows for them to be managed out of the contract, usually through an agreed extension period.

If you are opted out then you are f*cked as far as Im concerned.

Mailman

Comment

I was answering the guy's question as asked and then attempting to avoid any remarks from a passing smart arse that I had actually suggeted that it was enforcable as such.

If opted in, he can only do what you say after the waiting period is up.

tim

Comment

That is incorrect, the waiting period only applies if there is a clause that allows for the agents to be managed out.

If there is no clause then the waiting period doesnt come in to it.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
            X