• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendation for a reliable hosting company please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for a reliable hosting company please

I have a Plan B website but recently it has been plagued by problems with 1and1 hosting (their servers going down). Can anyone recommend a good hosting provider for ASP.NET and SQL Server?

I set up some domains and web space with VIDAHOST.

Early days for me, domains and web space all allocated now down to me to get some content up there.

This was on a recommend from someone else on CUK.

Not sure about the ASP.NET / SQL Server availability.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

You might want to ask / search in Technical.

There was a discussion about virtual servers with this kind of spec recently, and there's been lots of hosting discussions in the past.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would also recommend Vidahost, an excellent host I have 4 or 5 websites with them on their basic £17 a YEAR package, their support is excellent which is why I stick with them and recommend them where ever I can.

I also think I have a 10% discount code if you want to PM me
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've always used one.com although never really had anything more than a basic website (or basic wordpress site).

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out VIDAHOST.

Comment

Working...
            X