• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companys to contact?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companys to contact?

Hola, Me again

Does anyone have any suggestions of companies i can contact to give my C.V. too??

Thanks all..

If you want to email in private just ask

Originally posted by NewbieContractor
    Hola, Me again

Does anyone have any suggestions of companies i can contact to give my C.V. too??

Thanks all..

That is simple, google company and your key words

Comment

Oh for god's sake. It's threads like this one that make me feel good about not being someone else.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        Oh for god's sake. It's threads like this one that make me feel good about not being someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun
          That is simple, google company and your key words
          tried that, but it doesn't specify whether they use contractors and i do not have the time to ring everyone up.. but i do not want to use an agency either.

Any experience with other companies that you have worked for in past i can look for?

Comment

A lot of companies that take contractors "direct" end up putting them through an agency anyway in order to pay them.

The benefit is you tend to get a better rate and better contractual terms and working conditions wrt IR35.

Comment

tried that, but it doesn't specify whether they use contractors and i do not have the time to ring everyone up.. but i do not want to use an agency either.

Any experience with other companies that you have worked for in past i can look for?
              So, you don't want to use an agent, and you don't want to go to the effort that an agent would do for you (to either build up a database of clients, or go out looking for some), you want others to give it to you for free.

All that, and I don't have a clue what you do.

So how about I list some random companies, then you can go and ask them if they will give your company a contract for services. It won't actually save you any time, but if you get lucky I'll be waiting for my commission, and if you don't, you can waste extra time blaming me.

Comment

Hola, Me again

Thanks all..

Recommend starting at A and working your way through....

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2b...essCompanyInfo

HTH
                Plan A is located just about here.
                If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Hola, Me again

Thanks all..

I've heard IBM use contractors.

Ring them on +44 (0) 870 542 6426

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                    I've heard IBM use contractors.

Ring them on +44 (0) 870 542 6426
                    Thanks

its more of a case that i need to get a contract pretty quick so i thought i would ask you guys who have been in contracts in past who with.. that way i can approach them direct

Comment

Working...
                    X