• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two contracts at the same time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two contracts at the same time

I am currently on a full time contract and was wondering if there is any problem with taking on a second contract where i can fit in the work in the evenings?

Is there usually any clauses to stop you taking on more than one contract at a time?

Originally posted by contractor2006
    I am currently on a full time contract and was wondering if there is any problem with taking on a second contract where i can fit in the work in the evenings?

Is there usually any clauses to stop you taking on more than one contract at a time?
    Tell you what, why don't you have a read of your contract and let us know whether or not there are any clauses in it that prohibit you from taking on other contracts?

Dalek Supreme in "am I missing the obvious?" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor2006

Depends on the contract, read yours and see what it says. It is normal for clients to request that you dont work for direct competition which is reasonable as it gives you a conflict of interest.
      Having parallel contracts is a business thing and is a good IR35 pointer particularly if you switch between the two as and when you please (hint hint )
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Your call

If you mean "are there any clauses to stop you?"

Only you can tell: (a) if there are, and (b) if taking one would present problems - to you? to me? to anyone else?

Comment

Check your contract, but there is rarely anything contractual to stop you having 2 customers at once. It's more often the practical side, but if you're confident you've got time to fit them both in, go for it. Working for competitors is OK as long as you're professional about it. The big consultancies do it as a matter of course.

Comment

Working...
          X