• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First contract renewal advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly dread to think what things are said to clients by agencies when you don't do what they want or even if you do but they just want for you hurry up and do things quicker so they get your bum in that seat quicker.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do as most of the time you can't speak to the client direct.

Part of the game I suppose....I'm guilty of a white lie here and there to get a sitution on my side but I would never bad mouth anyone to get what I want.

Comment

Just to tie this thread up incase anyone is interested. I asked for £50 a day extra and the agent came back with an improved offer of a 3 month contract with £30 a day extra. Initial offer was for a 2 monther so it's nice to think I've made the agent do some work.

Got to improve on my phone lingo when dealing with the pimps though!

Comment

Originally posted by sharper1 View Post
        Just to tie this thread up incase anyone is interested. I asked for £50 a day extra and the agent came back with an improved offer of a 3 month contract with £30 a day extra. Initial offer was for a 2 monther so it's nice to think I've made the agent do some work.

Got to improve on my phone lingo when dealing with the pimps though!
        What you are getting is just £30 extra. Length of the contract doesnt matter. The client can ditch you after 2 months if they want. So length of the contract should never be part of the negotiation imho.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X