• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd line support contract Surrey. (No agencies please)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd line support contract Surrey. (No agencies please)

If anyone of you folks are looking for a 6 month contract, near KT22 and know some of the below pls contact me. I'm the direct hiring manager, so no agencies please - I can run the rule over myself

Office 365
    ADFS
    NetApp
    VMWare
    Exchange 2010

Prefer Myers Briggs INTJ types or nearabouts
    I've got direct message on, but if thats not working I'll post up my email. Someones just given me < 2 weeks to replace their head. Agh. [Presuming this is the correct forum, but I'm sure you shrinking violets will redirect me if not, thanks]

I am allowing this one through as it is Christmas and it isn't a pimp If you contact Steve and this isn't the role advertised then let me know and will remove this ad. I have turned messaging on for his account so you can PM if you want more info about the role.

Comment

thanks

Appreciated, Just a lowly manager who has had staff member disappear back to South Africa!
      We do everything 3rd line from server/vmware/network/databases/app support/storage. Mixed bag, so I am looking for capability rather than specific skills. Might be a nice Christmas present to someone, although they would have to endure me being their boss
      Cheers for the pass,
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by uksteve View Post
        Might be a nice Christmas present to someone, although they would have to endure me being their client
        FTFY
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Just wondering if the position had been filled in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Cava View Post
            Just wondering if the position had been filled in the end?
            I have enabled PM on your account now, try sending the OP a message to see if he has any positions open at the minute.

Comment

Hi, no not filled the position yet. I went with an agency as well in the end, had about 5 CVs, 1 telephone interview and all despressingly poor.

Came back today to possibly ask if anyone knows good agencies. I only chose the one I did because they specfically mentioned AWR and IR35 and keeping things striclty business. In fact now having that legal agency buffer is preferable to direct.

I only had 1 other CV from this forum/site. Surprising.

Comment

Hi, no not filled the position yet. I went with an agency as well in the end, had about 5 CVs, 1 telephone interview and all despressingly poor.

Came back today to possibly ask if anyone knows good agencies. I only chose the one I did because they specfically mentioned AWR and IR35 and keeping things striclty business. In fact now having that legal agency buffer is preferable to direct.

I only had 1 other CV from this forum/site. Surprising.
                You still canvassing for agency recommendations Steve?

If so, let me know and I'll fire off a PM with details to you.

Comment

Prefer Myers Briggs INTJ types or nearabouts
                  That's about all you'll get around here, with some INTP.

I'm curious too: is there really a skills shortage? PR did Steve choose the wrong agency?
                  Last edited by Ignis Fatuus; 24 January 2012, 08:19.
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                    That's about all you'll get around here, with some INTP.

I'm curious too: is there really a skills shortage? PR did Steve choose the wrong agency?
                    This is a shame, it didn't email letting me know there where some replies.

Maybe we can have a chat about your requirements and the flexibility.

I'm currently a hands on Head of IT manager for a broker in the city who is currently looking for a change.

Working towards my VCP ( done course just need exam) use AD daily, used office 365 in some projects and have implemented several small exchange 2007 infrastructures but getting up to speed on 2010 after VCP4. Keen to learn technologies as of when required.

Let me know your thoughts,

Kind regards,

cava

Comment

Working...
                    X