• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of Contract Market in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know if the market for permanent jobs (.NET dev) is equally bad, in London?
    Or it is better, for permanent positions (comparing to contract)?

Comment

I think perm is even worse. Projects if they are very lucky can get exception signoff from high up for a contractor but much harder to justify a perm at the moment especially whilst most firms are in various stages of plotting layoffs.

Comment

You are not alone

My gig comes to an end very shortly, they ran out of cash to keep me, things have been a bit up and down with the markets, there are few jobs available as many banks cant sign off roles.

One thing that I have noticed is that the clients are not rushing to interview (I am least getting interviews!) and they are taking time over choosing.

I have never seen the markets this bad Perm roles are out there but the rates are rubbish.

Comment

Rubbish state of market in my area (Business Analyst Insurance)
          Dried up job boards, pathetic rates. Not liking it.

I am now trying to book a holiday until Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
            Rubbish state of market in my area (Business Analyst Insurance)
            Dried up job boards, pathetic rates. Not liking it.

I am now trying to book a holiday until Christmas.
            It's probably worth including an extra week until after New Year. Coming back to work just before Christmas probably isn't going to be worthwhile.

HTH BIDI
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X