• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Rates Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting Rates Amsterdam

Hi there

Just looking for a wee bit of advice re contracting rates in Amsterdam. About to start negotiations for a contract there, first time outside the UK for work. How comparable are rates with the UK? I was previously lined up for a role in Switzerland (before they recruited internally) and the day rate was 1.5x what I'm on at the moment due to the slighter higher cost of living.
    Any advice from those who've been there, done that, gratefully received.
    Thanks

Amsterdam

Originally posted by Elegra View Post
    Hi there

Just looking for a wee bit of advice re contracting rates in Amsterdam. About to start negotiations for a contract there, first time outside the UK for work. How comparable are rates with the UK? I was previously lined up for a role in Switzerland (before they recruited internally) and the day rate was 1.5x what I'm on at the moment due to the slighter higher cost of living.
    Any advice from those who've been there, done that, gratefully received.
    Thanks
    I have a AMS Contract (but I work between AMS and London, and live in Glasgow)

Rate card per hour EUR at the banks would be around (8hour days)

BA = 80 +
    Sen BA 85 +
    PM 95 +
    Sen PM 120+

Is it a bank you will be working for? then I have a lot more info.?

Comment

Thanks for that, that's very helpful. It's not banking but it's a comparable industry. That works out a fair bit more than I'm on at the moment and here I'm seen as being expensive!
      Desperate for this role but don't want to scare them off nor be taken for a mug!!

Comment

dutch tax

Originally posted by Elegra View Post
        Thanks for that, that's very helpful. It's not banking but it's a comparable industry. That works out a fair bit more than I'm on at the moment and here I'm seen as being expensive!
        Desperate for this role but don't want to scare them off nor be taken for a mug!!
        I take it you have found this role via an Agent, the Agent then has to work via a dutch payroller who workes for the client, the Payroller deducts all tax due and pays you net only (dutch are not going to get stung my fly by night uk contractors) as end client by law must pay the tax if you do a runner thus working via your only ltd is almost impossible, dutch pay 53% tax but you will get the 30% ruling (look it up).

Hotels about 80 Eur a night, flights about 300 a week, beer 6Eur, vodka 9 eur a shot (not a bottle) nice flats from about 1600 a month and 40 Eur a week to commute around AMS.

are you planning to commute or live there.?

Comment

Nope, found it myself direct with client not via an agency, was actually a FT role but I offered contract and it works out better for the client.

I'm fully aware of the 30% ruling etc, etc and am going to be relocating to AMS.

Have got a UK based accountant that can also offer NL accounting services however having meeting with client on Thursday to discuss rates and set-up etc, they are being extremely helpful.

Fingers crossed it all works out!

Comment

Working...
          X