• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to leave Giant LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to leave Giant LTD

Hello,

I have decided to go Limited and just waiting for my business bank account to open in 10 days.

Currently Giant still needs to pay me 5 weeks wages.

Do I wait for my business account to fully open then ask Giant to provide my P45 so I can then invoice from my Ltd company?.

You help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Bleachie View Post
    Hello,

I have decided to go Limited and just waiting for my business bank account to open in 10 days.

Currently Giant still needs to pay me 5 weeks wages.

Do I wait for my business account to fully open then ask Giant to provide my P45 so I can then invoice from my Ltd company?.

You help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Giant send you the P45 a few weeks after your nitce period ends with them (which is the 30 days plus a couple of weeks).

You fill out a P46 (so you can invoice) from what I remember - talk to your accountant, he sorted everything for me. Then provide your accountant with the P45 when you recieve it.

I went through a similar process with Giant recently.

Comment

I'm guessing it's better I wait until my business bank account opens then request for the P45 and fill in a p46; so I can continue invoicing?.

Comment

Well I've just handed my notice in to Giant :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bleachie View Post
          I'm guessing it's better I wait until my business bank account opens then request for the P45 and fill in a p46; so I can continue invoicing?.
          No, tell Giant you are leaving with your last working date asap. You can start invoicing to your bank account as soon as it's set up, assuming youve got your ltd details (cert of incorp and VAT if applicable). Complete your P46, don't wait for your P45, you don't need to. Your P45 won't get processed until your 30 day notice with Giant runs out. Just provide it to your accountant when you recieve it.

Comment

Giant are utter, utter c***s based upon my experience of them.

Paid dividends into my account weekly, despite being more than politely asked to make such payments every 3 months.

Got halfway through the process of setting up a Ltd company through them, only for no response to enquiries for over 2 weeks. "Oh, in your circumstances, you can't operate a Ltd company, you should remain using an umbrella company with our existing services...".

Bollocks.

I can only hope they've improved somewhat since then.

Comment

OK, I have told Giant I am leaving and to confirm my last working day with them.

I will need to continue to invoice using them until my business bank account opens in 10days. I will ask my accountant to help with my P46.

Hope it works out :-)

Comment

Working...
              X