• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxman,

Rereading your ioriginal post they may be able to simply take the money, it was a transfer in error.

This is probably not relevant but this happened to me...

About 10 years ago I sold some shares direct via the managers. It was a holding of about 1200 shares @ about 40p. On settlement day I got a call from my bank saying "50 grand has just been transferred in". I was in France at the time. I rang the managers and said "you seem to have had a bit of a cockup and entered the price in pounds not pence". They said "oh yes, oops", can you transfer back the difference". I said "no can do, not until next week, but I'll do it just as soon as I get back in about a week".

Next day the bank rang me up again and said "that 50 grand has been reclaimed and 500 quid deposited". I queried this, then bank said they had no choice but to comply.

So it may be that they can just reclaim it anyway.

Given it's the 18th on Tuesday and the second invoice is due on the 20th anyway ask them if you can just allocate it as a partial payment against invoice 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
      Given it's the 18th on Tuesday and the second invoice is due on the 20th anyway ask them if you can just allocate it as a partial payment against invoice 2.
      Just raise a credit note with for the amount, then they can choose whether or not to offset the amount or request the credit note to be honoured by full payment

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.

They've suggested a contra against my next invoice after all that so all is well. It was almost worth getting up this morning!

Comment

Working...
        X