• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short term contract work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short term contract work

Hi

I've got heaps of programming experience in C#, C++, SQL and VB on web, server, PC and embedded platforms.

I've never contracted before but I've got a 3 month work gap I'd like to fill with some techie work somehow.

However, most contract positions I've seen seem to be set up for longer time periods or for career contracters.

Does anyone have any ideas for where I could look for shorter term contract work?

Thanks for any suggestions!

career contracters

Originally posted by hollywood
    ...career contracters.
    Class!

Seriously hollywood, your best is through any contacts from old companies or colleagues you've worked with. Contracting's not something you can just dip into when it suits you.

I'd suggest using the 3 months to go and sit on a beach in Thailand, or go and get some MCSE certifications or similar from Koenig in India.

Comment

Most the jobs I've been after recently have been 3 months, so I don't know where you're looking.

I disagree with Nomad, if you find a job and use someone like Parasol it's very easy to dip into contracting for 3 months. It's what I originally intended to do.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X