• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 3 monther at a client and found out that the agency were taking a huge cut. As I was happy(ish) with the initial rate I had no real complaints. Client wanted me to stay on after the 3 months so I said to the agent I was looking for a (modest) increase in my rate. Cheeky sod said he'd have to put it to the client but he "didn't expect them to budge on the rate". He actually did go to the client who, quite reasonably, didn't want to increase what they were already paying. I decided not to renew, and subtly mentioned to the client why. Client dumped the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
      I had a 3 monther at a client and found out that the agency were taking a huge cut. As I was happy(ish) with the initial rate I had no real complaints. Client wanted me to stay on after the 3 months so I said to the agent I was looking for a (modest) increase in my rate. Cheeky sod said he'd have to put it to the client but he "didn't expect them to budge on the rate". He actually did go to the client who, quite reasonably, didn't want to increase what they were already paying. I decided not to renew, and subtly mentioned to the client why. Client dumped the agency.
      So everyone loses really. Sounds like the agent was being pig headed.

I find it's best to talk the agency into coming clean on how much they are making or talk to the client and see if they will collude with you to beat the agency up. For the first 3 months the agency can charge what they like, but after that I'm gonna find out what their margin is and have a chunk it for myself if they are taking more than 10%. That's just the way I do business.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
      X