• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate Negotiations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You missed an apostrophe, or was that deliberate?
    I am a victim too!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I am a victim too!
      No reason why you cant increase the rate after you have interviewed

Comment

Pitch too high and you wont make the cut unless you have an excellent track record. There's also the danger pitching for the top rate may mean agents would go for someone else. But you'll never know unless you ask. That's the conundrum.

I was contacted about a role on Friday and the agent quoted a rate range of 400 to 550pd. So, I've pitched myself at 480 as its a 'stay away' location. Im happy with the rate but will be more than happy if I land the role.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          There's also the danger pitching for the top rate may mean agents would go for someone else.
          though that's more a risk when you're dealing with the client directly. Agents will almost always have a go at getting you down to a lower rate instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            If you can't spell "Negociations" your not really in a position to enter them in respect to a rate rise
            It's You're, as in you are, not your, as in your belonging.

Comment

Working...
            X