• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple roles with the same agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple roles with the same agent

I have just got a second contract with a different clientco from the same agent as my last contract

Just out of interest how many of you have got multiple contracts from the same agent / agency and how many? My old man used to get IT contract jobs in the 80s from the same agent but it doesn't seem very common nowadays.

In a word never! And, many contractors I know are the same.

Never ceases to amaze me why agents dont try harder to secure work for someone who's just landed them a load of commission for doing sweet FA.

Perhaps that's the answer, they make more money out of new contracts?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

My first two contracts were with the same client and through the same agency, different project teams at the client and a 4 month gap between roles.

But since then : never.

And talking to other contractors leads me to believe it is quite uncommon for agencies to do anything whatsoever in respect of continuity of employment...

Boo

Comment

I got a call from my agent as they know I am coming to the end of my current contract as they have a gig with the same ClientCo, albeit a different location.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Never ceases to amaze me why agents dont try harder to secure work for someone who's just landed them a load of commission for doing sweet FA.

Yep, same here!

Seem to have landed various contracts with many and various agents, don't understand why the same agents don't find me summat else.
          Last edited by norrahe; 23 July 2011, 12:35.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

It's even less work for them to do if they find a role for someone they already have done so - they have all my company details (bank account, VAT cert., Cert. of Incorporation etc.) so aside from any clientco paperwork it's a walk in the park. The less time spend shuffling paperwork the more time to spend on getting other contracts sorted out ... seems daft that it doesn't happen more often.

Comment

Sometimes agents are quite pro-active. Whenever a large piece of work comes to an end at my clientco I get calls from agents who represent other contractors to see if I'm looking for a new role. It has been happening quite regularly for the last year or so.
              Loopy Loo

Comment

Working...
              X