• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right of Substitution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    For those of you that have made a substition how did you manage it from a paperwork and payment point of view?

Assuming you have clientco (and agent) approval was it as simple as your susbstitute sent you an invoice and you paid that invoice or did you have to get some form of contract in place between your Ltd and substitutes Ltd?
    Always confirm things in writing with subcontractors. Verbal agreements only can cause problems.

And it has nothing to do with the agency, the clientCo must be happy with the person you provide.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Those of you said yes. In what circumstances and what were the skill sets?

Its just that surely the new person coming in would have little knowledge of the project you're working in so would have a certain amount of time to get up to speed. I cant see how a client would ever let you send someone else in for, say, 2 weeks.

Obviously, your responsibilities are an issue. I guess a coder is easier to substitute than an integration/support/sys admin person where a degree of specific project knoweldge is needed.
      Logistics data analysis. I rarely work on clients sites so its easy for me to farm out work to other people as they don't know whose done it. Have a mate who I've known for 16 years and when things got a bit tight for him let him do some of the work to help him out. He had a Ltd so easy to handle.

Comment

Working...
      X