• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts In Slovenia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts In Slovenia

Got the opportunity to go for a gig in Slovenia but other than knowing that the women are probably tasty I know naff all about the country. Anyone got any experience of it they'd like to share?

I need to know if I have to register for local income tax as looking at the local rate......ouch.

Income (EUR) Tax Rates 2010
    1-7,410 16%
    7,411-14,821 27%
    14,822 and over 41%

That's right folks. Over £15k euros at 40%.

I've got some distant family there, nice county but very small - look up how big is the 2nd largest city, PM me if you need more.

Can't you stay there as little as possible, fly back etc so you stay UK tax resident.
    I guess if you don't inform Slovenian tax office, they won't bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
      I've got some distant family there, nice county but very small - look up how big is the 2nd largest city, PM me if you need more.

Can't you stay there as little as possible, fly back etc so you stay UK tax resident.
      I guess if you don't inform Slovenian tax office, they won't bother you?
      Contract is 18 months and M-F in country. I'm pretty sure I'd be over the tax barrier for having to register in Slovenia.

Comment

Tell them you can do it thru your UK Ltd for £xxx or via slovenian vehicle from 140% of xxx. Let them choose.

Comment

Working...
        X