• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NL contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NL contracts

Hey, I haven't worked in Holland for quite a few years now, previously as long as I work in NL Monday-Thur or Fri and came home at the weekends, I didn't have to register for tax or VAR etc. Has this changed? Do I need to make any NL tax declarations?

Yes!

It seems these days you need to go through a Dutch payroll company if you do not have a B.V. or are regsitered as a sole proprietor.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Does this mean its not worth going there? I was going to calculate my daily rate in the UK and add the accomodation and flight price to produce an all inclusive rate, but do I need to include other stuff like fees for a management company?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
        Does this mean its not worth going there? I was going to calculate my daily rate in the UK and add the accomodation and flight price to produce an all inclusive rate, but do I need to include other stuff like fees for a management company?
        Not sure what the fees are as I haven't looked into that as yet, but it's different for me as I'm looking at moving over there permanently so the management fees would be temporary. I know that it is common in NL to Check out the contracting overseas section on CUK
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am still confused about contacts in the Netherland, anyone has a guide, I worked there before some years ago, but it wasn't so complicated, we had the choice to go through a management company, but we also had the choice to work directly through agencies. Now am told I have no option but to go through a management/umbrella company. Also the management company will not send me a contract until I sign an agreement to take on the contract, no idea how am I supposed to sign the agreement of acceptance before seeing the contract?

Comment

It depends on the agency. Currently speaking with one I also have the option to use a payroll/management or go directly through the agency.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X