• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for 1st Contract - help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prototype is good, but agree with most others, flash everywhere is not the way to go for the production solution.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBoy
      Not at all...some of us are quite happy not being technical and simply doing things in the most time effective manner. Once I am happy with the general look and feel of my moonfruit site I intend to pay someone who knows what they are doing to copy and then enhance it using HTML...so in terms of both a temporary measure and also a way of showing someone what I am looking for in a website I think it is pretty effective.
      At least have a plain text version so people can skip to that if they want. It doesn't have to be fancy, just contain the info. People who don't want Flash will be happy with that.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        If a popular site like for example BBC News was done in Flash rather than HTML, would people boycott it on mass because it was Flash? I don't think so. However they might boycott it on mass if it was all fancy graphics and no content, but that's a different issue. At the end of the day, the tool used shouldn't matter to the end user, only the result.
        The BBC does something equally as bad and thats use the Real Media format. And yes, I do refuse to install it
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
          The BBC does something equally as bad and thats use the Real Media format. And yes, I do refuse to install it
          They're working on it though - http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7537

Test it out here - http://dirac.sourceforge.net/

BTW - Real Player is nowhere near as evil on a Linux machine as it is on Windows - no nagging, no taking over your machine, doesn't hog memory etc etc. Why? Who knows...
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
          X