• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can they do this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they do this?

I left a contract and the company have refused to pay me the last three days I worked because I left without giving any notice. I was 23 days into the contract but still in training and hadn't started the full job. Should I have just waited till the end of the week, made sure I got paid and then left?

The whole contract stank. Was told i HAD to use the umbrella company they wanted me to, and then it turned out I was actually a temp and could not claim back sustinence and travel expenses. The Umbrella company was effectively just the payroll department. When I found out this, the english team didn't return my calls or emails and it was impossible trying to make any sense from the Polish team who were the main administrators on teh "contract".

Have I just been shafted?

Originally posted by djshuggg View Post
    Sounds like it. Did you read the contract?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I left a contract and the company have refused to pay me the last three days I worked because I left without giving any notice. I was 23 days into the contract but still in training and hadn't started the full job. Should I have just waited till the end of the week, made sure I got paid and then left?
      You should have read your contract or if you didn't have one made sure you got a copy of it.

The whole contract stank. Was told i HAD to use the umbrella company they wanted me to, and then it turned out I was actually a temp and could not claim back sustinence and travel expenses. The Umbrella company was effectively just the payroll department. When I found out this, the english team didn't return my calls or emails and it was impossible trying to make any sense from the Polish team who were the main administrators on teh "contract".

Yes.

That's what happens when you don't read contracts and question clauses you don't understand.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X