• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever heard of a need for SC in a financial Institution before?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever heard of a need for SC in a financial Institution before?

It seems odd that a financial clientco wants contractors with a SC clearance. Would the clientco even be Listx?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this looks like a strange prerequisite for a contractor.

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    It seems odd that a financial clientco wants contractors with a SC clearance. Would the clientco even be Listx?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this looks like a strange prerequisite for a contractor.
    You sure it's SC. You normally have to go through a pretty stringent Powerchex check, which is probably as stringent, but it's not a 'SC' check so to speak.

Eg.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...powerchex.html

And there are a few other threads as well.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hmm well this is the email.... and yes, the chances are it's a phishing exercise, the consultant was 'out of the office' when I called his agency....

We are looking for several people who fit the following Job Spec, if you are interested please email a word version of your Cv back to me stating Salary details and Availability.

If this job is not relevant to you please accept my apologies but if you could forward it to anyone you feel would be more appropriate I would much appreciate it.

Salary: 50k - 80 + Car + excellent benfits

Job Spec:

SC Cleared Security Consultant - Financial Services - required to a lea ding worldwide consultancy organisation. My client is looking for security professionals with exposure of the financial services industry to work on a range of challenging assignments including those around the cyber security threats to these organisations.

You must have;

- IT Security & Risk base exposure in Financial Services companies in the banking (investment & retail), insurance, pension & funds management areas.

- An understanding of how technical security risk is assessed & the operational enforcement of security will be of primary importance.

Additionally, skills around infrastructure build & operations such as remote access, on-line channel security, security operations centres, technology supporting fraud detection activities & data protection are of interest. Any relevant IT Security certifications would be considered a plus ie: CISA, CISSP etc. You will also be currently SC cleared or clearable. Multiple Vacancies. Urgent Requirement. Apply Now.

To apply for this role please send an up-to-date copy of your CV in the first instance

Kind Regards

Rxxxt Wxxl

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post

Very unlikely on both counts, I can't imagine why any financial institution would be ListX apart from the Bank of England which would inherit the requirement from the Treasury.
        Very unlikely requirement, odds are the agent is simply displaying muppetry.

Comment

Another crock of $hite agency to add to the list....

Comment

Working...
          X