• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - Inside or outside? What do most contracts fall under?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 - Inside or outside? What do most contracts fall under?

Been away from contracting for 10 years+ (i.e. pre-IR35).

Just about to start a new contract, get new company formed etc. Accountants co say they will look at contract to see where I stand with regards IR35.

Spoken to the agency about it and they dont seem to care about IR35.

Are most contracts inside or outside IR35 these days though?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Been away from contracting for 10 years+ (i.e. pre-IR35).

Just about to start a new contract, get new company formed etc. Accountants co say they will look at contract to see where I stand with regards IR35.

Spoken to the agency about it and they dont seem to care about IR35.

Are most contracts inside or outside IR35 these days though?
    If you're HMRC: Then most fall inside

If you're the contractor: You hope most fall outside

If you're the agent / client: You protect yourself by insiting on Ltd companies so don't give two tulips.

It really depends on sector/rate etc. Most code monkies and low level support will be within IR35. The CTO of a nuclear power station can probably negotiate themselves out of it.

Comment

You should also bear in mind that, if the contract is not a totally accurate representation of your working practises, it will be pretty meaningless when it comes to IR35
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
      X