• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching between contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching between contracts

I'm approaching a contract renewal but have had a pretty good offer come in at 50%+ increase in rate and more responsibility.

Though this sounds good, I'm having a bit of a hard time with it. It feels as though I'm leaving the project halfway through having built up knowledge at the expense of the client. And then beyond that, it's risky to jump from 2 year + stable contract for a 6 monther unknown.

Do I need to man up here and jump on the money and experience, or is there room for personal commitment and sticking with a known good thing and earning the money slowly but surely?

Money isn't everything.

Do what you want to do.

Who knows what can happen with either role. None of us can guess, only you have any clue's to that. And even then you may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
      It feels as though I'm leaving the project halfway through
      Your obligation is to the end of your contract. It's their fault that they didn't contract you for the length of the project , so you don't need to feel guilty about it.

I think most of us would sell our own grandmothers for a 50% increase, and 2 years is quite a long time to be in one place.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
        Do I need to man up here and jump on the money and experience
        50% increase? Hell yes, I'd bite their hand off. Go for it.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X