• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - transferring SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - transferring SC

I've just got the offer I've been waiting for, but as the role requires SC, which i have, I've just received a load of bumph about referees again (from agents not phishing leads) and personal refs etc, al that along with start date is making me a bit nervous. I don't want to hand my notice in here (currently permie) and find there's an issue with all this SC transfer. Is all this normal? I've no skeletons in the cupboard and I was only cleared in Aug 2010, SC valid for 10 years so I just wonder why I have to do all this again?

I understand there will be some transfer process, in my naivety I just assumed it was 'can we have stek's SC?' 'Yes, here it is, ta!'.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I understand there will be some transfer process, in my naivety I just assumed it was 'can we have stek's SC?' 'Yes, here it is, ta!'.
    Usually the transfer is a simple process. Give the vetting/security dept of the new place the contact details of the vetting/security dept of the old place and they should be able to contact them and initiate the transfer.

Although there are some places that don't transfer clearances sometimes, they prefer to re-do it themselves from scratch.

Congrats on the offer

ps. This was answered in the sticky
    Last edited by Mr.Whippy; 15 April 2011, 17:46.

Comment

I've been waiting 7 weeks for the DVA to transfer my vetting (
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I've been waiting 7 weeks for the DVA to transfer my vetting (
        I've had a transfer take 6 months once...due to the new company's security people being completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Is all this normal? I've no skeletons in the cupboard and I was only cleared in Aug 2010, SC valid for 10 years so I just wonder why I have to do all this again?
          Yes it's normal. Normally you will have to go through the BC again (not BPSS?) which includes checking your references for the last 3 years, and usually this will be done before you can start. I'd have thought all this could be managed by the DVA really - if you have lots of short contracts you end up having to supply the same last 3 years of referees multiple times, annoying to you and yer referees.
          Occassionally you might have to complete the entire SC form again, just for a transfer, along with the BPSS forms!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
            I've had a transfer take 6 months once...due to the new company's security people being completely useless.
            I have no idea who holds my SC, the last client was still in the process of transferring it when the contract came to an end.

Now I don't know if the original, last or present client holds it??

OP, it's completely normal for client and and/or agent to want to check your inside leg measurement for a new SC role. My latest client wanted a scan of the front cover from my passport , I already had the important pages scanned but the scanner was playing up so I just sent them a picture I found on google images, just goes to show what a load of old cobblers some of the requirements are.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X