• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why don't we name and shame Agents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm too busy earning money.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There was a website up many years ago that did this but they had to take it down. There were a number of the bigger agencies that were being slagged off and who made legal threats.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        There was a website up many years ago that did this but they had to take it down. There were a number of the bigger agencies that were being slagged off and who made legal threats.
        Well yes, the legal implications are quite pertinent.

Additionally, suppose the tables were turned and an agency site published rumour and opinion about certain contractors eg
        Contractor M1 likes to blag his way onto contracts and his cv should be taken with a pinch of salt
        Contractor M2 is quite diligent but only when sober..
        Contractor M3 has a habit of jumping ship for higher paid contracts.
        There isn't anything like this, is there? (apart from that black-list of course!)
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Well yes, the legal implications are quite pertinent.
          How can they be? If you look for reviews of O2 for instance, there are loads of people slagging them off, same with most other things.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Now I know its all down to personal experience, who you speak to on the day in which office etc but why do we never share bad expereinces with Pimps?
            There is a website called Hirescores which allows people to rate recruitment agencies. I dunno how accurate the ratings are though as the system seems a bit prone to "manipulation".

Hth,

Boo

Comment

Working...
            X