• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ball park quotes for a website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball park quotes for a website

The planned service (and web site) are still being developed around a cetral idea and I will need to complete my research before i can set it in stone.

Features I'm sure i need are:

-Login/register facility

-Data base to hold details

-Facilities to post and monitor ads activity

-Simple graphics (nothing headache ish)

-Database to hold ratings and feedback given (could be the same db) and for those ratings to automatically show up on the corresponding service.

-Search db facility using keywords and catergories

Features I would like:

- Unique membership number for all consumers and service providers. I want to form a traceable thread through the database so that if a person is introduced by an existing member then I will have a record of this.

- Different pages available depending on membership 'status'.

- option for targetted advertising that brings up ads relevant to visitors search.

- Forum facility

So.... What do you think? I am still researching all aspects of my plan so can not give exact details. Can you give me a ball park figure (not a quote), top end with all the knobs and bells on and a bottom end simple version,

Many Thanks

Warren

Originally posted by WarrenS
    So.... What do you think? I am still researching all aspects of my plan so can not give exact details. Can you give me a ball park figure (not a quote), top end with all the knobs and bells on and a bottom end simple version,
    I've just done an online shopping site with an administration back end - has most of the features you're talking about with different levels of authentication, audit trails etc. Because it was for a charity, they got my charity discount and I did it for £9000. For a regular business I reckon I'd have charged around £12000.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

That sounds interesting, can you post the site address so i can take a look?

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenS
        That sounds interesting, can you post the site address so i can take a look?
        It's not gone live yet. I've literally only just finished it and they've only just completed final testing. I think you'll be firewalled off from their dev site as well.

I'll post when it goes live. Probably in the next week or so.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Globalisation.

Why would you pay UK prices?

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

Someone offshore will do it for next to nothing I'm sure, AND you will be taking advantage of globalisation, which the government tell us is a good thing, so we are all winners.

HTH

Comment

Good site

thanks for the post

Comment

Good site

Dimprawn, good website if you need software services. Have you used it?

Comment

http://www.guru.com is another one.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I am currently working with an Indian guy, who is a partner in an offshore company, I know they do webdesign, I dont mind putting you in touch with them.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                    Dimprawn, good website if you need software services. Have you used it?
                    Sort of. I put up some work and I found that the eastern europeans were very good (excellent proposals and sensible prices) where as the Indian responses were idiotic (we are experts in everything and no matter what you want, it will take up 2 days and only cost $10, so please give us the work).

In the end the project was canned but I'm sure it's a good way to get work done.

Everyones into globalisation and every pound you spend abroad is a pound that ain't going to Mr Brown and a job that ain't happening in the UK. Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X