• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann - offshore admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann - offshore admin

After spending over an hour filling out several personal information forms including home address, bank account and passport information I see this:

"Please confirm that you have read the data privacy statement are happy for your data to be transferred outside the EEA"

No I'm bloody well not happy, but what choice do I have?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    After spending over an hour filling out several personal information forms including home address, bank account and passport information I see this:

"Please confirm that you have read the data privacy statement are happy for your data to be transferred outside the EEA"

You have no choice if you want the contract.
    Alexander Mann are total and utter bulltulip munchers to boot!

Comment

You could always contact 'James Cahn' or whatever his real name is and declare yourself 'out'
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I had concerns years ago when passports had to be scanned and sent around the world - I brought a new one and send a scan of the cancelled passport. Small cost to pay for peace of mind - so far got away with it as a business expense.

When I read that clause about 3 years ago, I insisted they add that my data be controlled under the laws of UK DPA regardless of where it went. They obliged as the client had struggled for months to fill the contract.

Comment

Working...
        X