• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever got a gig from sending a spec CV direct?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a website somewhere that was promising to put clients directly in touch with contractors and cut out those evil middlemen (you know the ones). I'm sure this was promoted by Parasol, and looked quite professionally done (which doesn't mean anything I know).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, because I can't find it again.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

think like a business - sell your services not your CV

also works better for IR35 that way
      "Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is."
      - PJ O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        You mean the site that gets punters who want 30k lines of code for £77.27?

The Yanks have a wonderful site called "Rent A Coder" that does much the same sort of thing.
        No not that, this was for proper UK contractors. I've seen those Rent a Coder types and usually they want 3 months work for $400.

Comment

I've even had an email from a client asking me to come in for an interview and as a PS they asked me to send my CV again in another format as they couldn't read that version of word...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            That site is dire, came across it a couple of years ago. I'm not convinced that half the 'projects' posted up there are legit or maybe the posters just live in cloud cookoo land.

Comment

This is what I was thinking of:

http://www.it-consultants-direct.co.uk/

Not as good as I remembered.

Comment

Working...
              X