• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer specifics in CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer specifics in CV

Recently refreshed my CV and this time round decided to include client names in it. Next step is do I include additional info, such as project costs? For example one project I worked on had a budget of $700K - is it bad form to include this level of info on my CV?

My reason for thinking of including it is to give some idea of the type of projects I have been involved in. Am wondering whether prospective clients would look on this in a good or bad light?

If I was a past client, I'm not sure I'd want it splashed around all over the place how much the project had cost.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You can specify clients but keep the work and detail generic i.e. don't bother with project names or exact budgets.

BTW... $700k sounds like a fairly small project in the grand scheme of things in IT, are you sure you want to draw attention to this?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        You can specify clients but keep the work and detail generic i.e. don't bother with project names or exact budgets.

BTW... $700k sounds like a fairly small project in the grand scheme of things in IT, are you sure you want to draw attention to this?
        I wanted to give a fair indication of the size of this particular project (I had details of this project cost - most I do not get an insight into the overall cost).

Looks like it's probably not a good idea to include then!

Comment

Working...
        X