• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the London market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK View Post
    From what I can tell the banks are hiring but there appears to be little else going on. Salaries and rates appear down.

If I was living in London already I would take whatever came along now to bide me over the crunch.

Living outside of London the risk of moving up to London for roles that may not exist is too great. I have talked to other IT people from Wales, NE and SW who feel the same.

The economy appears to be getting worse. At the start of the year I thought it was getting better. It is not
    Basically the UK economy is up kaka valley without a paddle. I was hoping the new government would at least be radical enough to get things moving again, but it looks a forlorn hope now. Maybe getting work in Germany is the only solution?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Basically the UK economy is up kaka valley without a paddle. I was hoping the new government would at least be radical enough to get things moving again, but it looks a forlorn hope now. Maybe getting work in Germany is the only solution?

It is almost a year since this new Government came in and I am truly stunned by how little has been done to generate business, jobs, the economy in general.

I would go so far to say that nothing constructive has been done. They have focussed on the banks and banking bonuses whilst the rest of the economy is in melt-down.

If work became available overseas now I would be gone.

Comment

Working...
      X