• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At What Age Did You Feel Most Comfortable Contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt comfortable contracting the day I left Every Day Sucks. Best decision I made in my Career.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Cheers I think you just gave me an idea for a plan B....
      Just make sure you don't forget where the idea came from when it's a bestseller.

There is already a book knocking around about the ins and outs of contracting, but it was a bit dry and didn't cover real life scenarios if I remember right (is/was on google books so could read lots of it for free), just the how to's rather than how dids. Probably some fantasist wrote it while dreaming of piloting a Tornado jet and eating spaghetti.

Also, to get the biggest target audience possible, may be worth doing an indian language version.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I am 29 and have been in my first contract for 6 weeks now. Before that I was travelling for a year, so I feel like I've thrown myself in the deep end. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Everyday there is that fear of being chopped (the anxiety the first couple of weeks was insane!!), but I find it easier to take each day as it comes, do the best you can and don't think about it too much.

Comment

I fell in to contracting after redundancy but was happy in permie land chasing a career for most of my working time to date. I am sure I would have been somewhat happy on the money years ago but I wouldn't have managed to climb the tree and be the best I could. At time of redundancy I reached where I wanted and wasn't interested in the next steps so perfect time to go in to contracting for me. Best of both worlds, did the career thing and now getting paid off for it. Granted I haven't paid my mortgage off and haven't had flash cars up to now but it isn't all about just that... well it wasn't then
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X