• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These Jobserve emails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Jobserve emails

On Jobserve you get lots of agents advertising jobs now with just the ability to contact them via the Jobserve internal email - what is the point of that?

I wonder if any of them actually bother reading the emails they get? I have noticed more and more just using email and not displaying a contact number.

Telephoning is preferable of course.

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK View Post
    On Jobserve you get lots of agents advertising jobs now with just the ability to contact them via the Jobserve internal email - what is the point of that?

I wonder if any of them actually bother reading the emails they get? I have noticed more and more just using email and not displaying a contact number.

Telephoning is preferable of course.
    Has worked for me in the past, they usually do check the mailboxes AFAIK.

Otherwise, try googling their name and the agency name, see if you can glean their email address from that.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

It's a one-time forwarding email address to the agent's address that allows Jobserve to track responses and get paid. It's not a mailbox on the Jobserve site that the agents have to log into.

As an aside, I really don't like what Jobserve have done. I used to get the daily .csv file of all jobs that I'd import into a customised spreadsheet that allowed me to find all of the contracts I wanted each day in a nice, neat format. Now they've restricted it to a limited batch just like every other contract website out there. All for the sake of a bit of bandwidth they've ruined what was the best bit of the site for me.

Comment

Working...
      X