• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard of an agency called Venturi ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of an agency called Venturi ?

I saw a role advertised on JS in Manchester by an agency called Venturi which perfectly suited my skills, so I give the guy a call at Venturi and went through the role with them. He advised that they wanted to move quickly on it and suggested, on receipt of my CV, they would organise a meeting / interview with the client the following week. So I sent my CV off, he saidc it looked very strong and told him I wanted the top rate advertised and to call me when convenient to discuss.

Not heard anything from them in a week despite various emails and unreturned calls. I'm not wet behind the ears, and know all of the tricks these guys play, and recognise they may of fired me off for someone cheaper and / or less experienced, but the point of my rant is it takes 5 seconds to ping me an email or call to let me know what's going on.

Any more experiences of these guys ...?

Those guys no.

That tactic, hundreds of times. Absolutely typical in all but a microscopically tiny number of agents.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
      I saw a role advertised on JS in Manchester by an agency called Venturi
      They're called "Venturi" because they suck, right ?

Boo

Comment

Just thought I'd post an update on this. I received a call from a director of Venturi called Brad, who had heard about this post on here via some means. I think it is fair to say that he was concerned about the feedback about the company and I can fully understand the position he is in having been there myself with my company a few years ago - it's not an easy thing to do to keep everyone happy.

So just thought I'd say 'hats off' to him for calling me back and keeping me updated.

Comment

a +1 from me for Venturi's professionalism and integrity.

I had a nibble from an agent there last year, and we had a bit of phone discussion about it; there was ambiguity about whether or not I was actually being put forward, and everything was pretty vague with no real detail.

A few days later the client firm (but I didn't realise it was them) contacted me to ask me to do a tech test. I was shocked because the client co was one I'd never choose to work for (gambling industry; not my cup of tea at all) and I didn't react entirely in proportion. I apologised, Agent apologised saying inter alia:

...I fully understand that I operate within an industry that has a terrible reputation. Venturi as a company and me personally, pride ourselves on operating in a very straight forward and honest way...

so FWIW, I'd be very happy to work with them if I had the chance.

Comment

Working...
          X