• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever felt like you are being made a scapegoat!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever felt like you are being made a scapegoat!!

Was given notice a week ago, and now the Team Lead is getting sh1tty about what has been done or not as the case maybe.

This is mainly because the senior management didn't know where they wanted to go.

Decommission, don't decomission, Decomission, Oh no we'll rewrite some it in C#.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

As you've been given notice just be totally tulipty to them as well...
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Don't take it personally. If they were serious then they would have made more of an effort with Project, Requirements and Change management.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Was given notice a week ago, and now the Team Lead is getting sh1tty about what has been done or not as the case maybe.

This is mainly because the senior management didn't know where they wanted to go.

Decommission, don't decomission, Decomission, Oh no we'll rewrite some it in C#.
        Deep breaths. Stay calm. Thank god it will all soon be over. We've all been there as contractors. Not often, but we've been there. Sounds corny, I know, but just keep thinking of the invoices.

As regards work that was/wasn't done, just refer them to the requirements documentation they didn't write.

I went through something similar to this at my previous site. Four weeks out, it was all looking rather horrid. I made a vow to document every single thing I did for the remainder of the contract, and deliver a "work log" to the team lead at the end of every single day until the end. That actually worked out pretty well, as it caught them off-guard. Contract actually ended up finishing on reasonably good terms, which was a surprise. Oh, and informing them I had another contract sorted out a week after they had given notice - on a much higher rate - was an absolute joy.

So, my advice is to just keep it calm and professional to the end. Then be glad you never have to set foot in the place again.
        Last edited by nomadd; 22 December 2010, 22:23.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
        X