• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems - IT Recruitment Solutions / Contract Rec Solutions / RECSOL / Altrincham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
    It's not libel if it's true!
    In general the libel laws in England require the party who makes the true statement to prove that it's true, rather than the offended party who states it isn't to prove that it isn't. Hence if you can afford expensive lawyers and are the offended party then you can make money of the other party by threatening to take them to court. However this doesn't always work - McDonald Restaurants vs Morris & Steel plus the judge can also award you £1 and tell you to pay your own legal fees.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 17 January 2011, 13:49.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by pojka
      Another week passed and another week with no reply from CRS to my solicitor. So onto the next stage.

Amazing how they can get it together to threaten me with a prosecution for libel but cannot respond to numerous solicitors letters.

On a positive note (from my perspective), this topic is creeping up to the first page on Google for the names of all the companies that in my opinion are associated with Contract Recruitment Solutions. At least others might avoid being placed in a similar situation due to discovering this topic and consequently avoiding these companies.
      Good on you mate - keep going.

Comment

Not much to add but wanted to wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          Not much to add but wanted to wish you all the best.
          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by pojka
            Thanks Clippy, I will - am far from forgetting the way I've been treated..

If anyone has any good suggestions for places to spread the word about these people, please do pm me with links / ideas when you have a moment. I have a few already but I want to cast the net as far and as wide as possible.
            If you fancy going into the lions den, so to speak, I stumbled upon a recruitment industry forum several months ago and posted a link on here.

Edit: Here you go: htp://web.ukrecruiter.co.uk/forum/Forum/
            (URL purposely missing 't' to prevent a spike in traffic from CUK.)
            Last edited by Clippy; 1 February 2011, 16:43.

Comment

Where to Spread the Word

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              If you fancy going into the lions den, so to speak, I stumbled upon a recruitment industry forum several months ago and posted a link on here.

Edit: Here you go: htp://web.ukrecruiter.co.uk/forum/Forum/
              (URL purposely missing 't' to prevent a spike in traffic from CUK.)
              Hi pojka

I am very sorry to hear of your trouble. I have been in a similar situation myself and it took 2 years to get my money. (tip- launch a claim against him in the small claims court, he will have to contest it or you get the judgement and can send the bailiffs to his home. I ended up freezing the Bank Accounts of someone - they paid up very quickly then. Contact me if you want a chat)
              I now own an agency and am appalled that someone (as it is someone not a company) can give small agencies a bad name.
              I run a group of Recruitment people on LinkedIn and with your permission I will make them all of them aware of this person and his companies.
              Times are tough enough without this happening.
              Good luck

Comment

Hi Pojka

I'm in a very similar situation as you with this agent. As with you, ITRS/CRS have failed to pass on what was paid to them, and gave me the run around for months. I have also had no response to solicitor's letters, and am now probably at a similar stage to you.

If you would like to, perhaps we could discuss this in more detail off-list?

Comment

Bunch of spammers.

Read this first - EmptyLemon Ideas - by IdeaScale

Comment

Originally posted by nwgb View Post
                    It looks like that link is broken

Comment

I have been reading this thread with much interest, I really hope that you get your money back as well as bring the company to justice.

I think my next contract will have a 7-14 day payment clause and i would put tools down if there was a late payment.

good luck pojka and all other contractors who are doing battle.

Comment

Working...
                      X